Duration: September 2019-February 2022
The over-all objective of this project is to showcase and to tackle the potential of the unique quality and character of (European) children-oriented museums for benefiting society as future-oriented, 21st Century learning spots , in order to:
- support their sustainability
- support them in adaptation of their abilities and capacities to match the recently appearing challenges.
- highlighting museums engaging children to a broad audience
- create well-grounded resources and guidelines for children-centred museums -related expertise in Europe
1.We will unite the stake-holders at the field in an order to formulate their benefits towards society: (I) their shared mission + its (II) standards of quality.
2.Based on this we will (I) articulate the shared mission and its attributes, translate it into a marketable content, develop the marketing tools, and (II) develop a method of assessment for the quality indicators and issuing a label of the quality.
3. After that, we will implement the marketing campaign. The partners develop (in cooperation with the lead partner) capacity building contents and formats (online and events) and use their potential for the efficient dissemination.
The aim of showcasing the unique quality of children-centred museums as education pioneers for 21st century children will be reached by:
- Creating a shared vision and mission for organisations dedicated to serve as future-oriented learning spots for children
- Establishing a catalogue of universal quality standards and criteria for children-centred museum work
- Creating Label to showcase organisations meeting the set quality standards
- International Marketing Campaign to highlight the sector’s assets to a wider public
- Training and Networking Sessions specifically dedicated to the topics of capacity building and the future role of the sector on children’s education
- Sector evaluation of children-oriented museum organisation, made available as publication
- Best practice analysis, made available as publication
- Practical guide book for children-oriented museum start-ups, made available as publication
- Travel & Learn Website mapping children-centred museums
This project is generously co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union. This scheme is a great way to fund diverse cultural projects in cooperation with international partners. Learn more
What’s in it for museums? Check out this NEMO Webinar explaining the main formal criteria, offering insights on how museums can apply and sharing good-practice examples.