1. Learn from the best Europe’s only children-focused museum conference gathers children’s museum directors, innovative educators and game-changing thinkers from over 40 countries, who will share their expertise and insights with you. View Programme
2. Experience Europe’s oldest operating children’s museum The Frankfurt Young Museum is brand new – and yet it has a 47-year history. First opened as the in-house children’s museum of the Historical Museum , it received a total make-over in 2018. The conference will be held directly at the museum, giving participants the chance to explore the museum’s new exhibition spaces, workshop facilities and authentic historical play areas. Find out more about our host
3. Stay on the Cutting Edge Children’s education in museums is constantly evolving to reflect changing visitor needs. Be updated on the latest trends in the field and explore how multilevel inclusion can be mastered.
4. Get Access To Frankfurt’s World-Class Museums 15 prestigious museums will offer free access for conference participants. Find out how the Städel Museum, Nature Museums Senckenberg, the German Film Museum and others engage young audiences and get hands on! during their Workshops. View all Partner museums
5. Meet Colleagues and Share Passion Connect with like-minded individuals who are just as driven as you are to make museums accessible and fun for children!
6. Be inspired Come face to face with and get fresh ideas from the best children’s exhibitions in the world. Attend the Children in Museum Award Ceremony 2019 and find out more about the nominees and their work. Check out the nominees
7. Be even more inspired To help you make the most out of your stay, we offer 6 additional study visits to outstanding German children’s museums and exhibitions. Find out about the children’s programmes of our partners in Mannheim, Dortmund and other German cities. View study visits
8. Do It For the Kids Hands On! believes informal learning in museums stimulates creativity, curiosity and imagination. It is an essential tool for children of the 21st century. By taking part in this global exchange of knowledge you will benefit children worldwide!
9. Recharge your Creative Batteries Make use of this creative environment to reflect on where you have been and where you want to go creatively.
10. Explore Frankfurt and Have Fun We understand the importance of social events. That’s why we’ve planned four special evening programmes! Experience Frankfurt’s historic city center, the beaming atmosphere of the prestigious Kaisersaal, the rustic charme of a traditional Frankfurt applewine venue and the cosmopolitan flair of the The Main metropolis. View full Programme for more Information.